Sunday, December 19, 2010

Are You A Real Fan?.......


            I wanted to address in this post, all of the new MJ fans as well as the old ones. While visiting some Michael Jackson fan pages, I noticed a lot of people telling other fans that they aren't "really fans" just because they didn't grow up with Michael all of their life like they did. They would say " What do you know about Michael Jackson? Your just a kid ". On that subject I would like to say that I have seen younger people who know every lyric to MJ's songs and know all the tours, facts and rumors; while older adults forgot most of those things along the way and barely listen or support him as much as his newer fans do. There would also be people the same age as each other saying " Your not a real fan, because you haven't liked him as long as I have "!!  I think that the amount of time you have been aware of Michael, has nothing to do with how strongly you care about him!!  Then there would be the new fans being attacked because they didn't know about Michael while he was alive.
         I think of it this way, lets say you were born the day after Michael  passed away, and when you discover his music, you learn and love everything about him while another person who has grown up with him all of there lives doesn't  even really care about him that much anymore. Does that make the younger person less of a fan? Of course not!! I think as MJ fans we should all be more considerate of peoples feelings, and realize that fans are fans no matter what age or how long you have been one!! I hope that all of the Non-Mj fans can realize this, and hopefully if you become fans one day, you will get the respect you deserve. I hope soon that more and more people learn the truth about MJ and see past all of the media lies, and if they do; they just might become fans as well!! If they do I hope all of the current fans welcome them with open arms. I would definitely like to hear any stories that you all have of people saying you are not "real" fans and why!!


1 comment:

  1. That is really powerful I watched it and it is Micheal Jackson.. all of it.. as far as being an old or new fan.. who cares? I mean granted I grew up with MJ and I never went to a concert but I was influenced by his music and heard of all of his life and everything.. so you know.. whether you are new or old you were at least touched and fascinated by the magic..that MJ unleashed.. a magic that is only one of a kind and can only ever be done by MJ himself no one else..

    ReplyDelete