Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Good Night, Good Morning.....


               " Whats wrong with sharing your bed? The most Loving thing you can do is share your bed with someone." These are the words spoken by Michael in the Martin Bashir documentary, that was blown way out of proportion by the media and other people around the world. My insight on the whole thing is that I don't think their is any problem with sharing  a " sleeping space" with anyone else as long as their are no bad intentions and you are just going to sleep. I used the phrase sleeping space instead of bed because I think the world put too much emphasis on the word " bed " as if it was this huge deal. All a bed is made out of is cotton, fabric and springs inside of upholstery. It is no difference then if he would have fell asleep next to a child in a car if they were traveling on the road, on a couch if they were staying up late to watch a movie, or on an airplane flight. Going to sleep is just going to sleep. I don't see what is wrong with it, if there are no bad intentions. I'm sure most of you have also seen Michael Jackson's Private Home Movies T.V. special that he aired. In one scene he attends a Magic show sleepover party. At this party their are children as well as other adults. I think to myself every time I see that scene " Why is it o.k. for the other parents that were present at the event to sleep in the same space with the other children that were not related to them at all, and nobody says anything or thinks twice about it, but when Michael does it ; it is a big deal.

         I think it is very hypocritical of the world and the media to have seen this and not judge those parents and then judge Michael for doing the same thing in his home. My guess is that the viewers didn't judge the other parents because they assumed that all they were going to do that night was just go to sleep after the Magic show and other activities were over. So then why is it so hard to believe that Michael is doing the same thing when he has sleepovers at his home?? I know his situation stands out more because of the allegations made against him , but if people would just take the time to do simple research, such as looking up a few YouTube videos, they would all realize that those families were just trying to get money out of him and that there was no evidence found linking him to those accusations, but I will discuss that more in detail for my future blog post. I think the worlds mind is geared so much toward the negative because of everything that we hear in the news, that it clouds there judgment of realizing that their are still good, pure and loving people in this world.  I can understand why Michael wanted to have sleepovers, he wanted to fill a void in his life. Michael missed out on a lot of things from his childhood and one of those things were sleepovers. Mostly all of us has had the chance to experience that when we were little, so I think in Michael's mind he was just making up for lost times.

       There are also people who put a lot of emphasis on his age and they say that a man in his 40's shouldn't be sharing a bed with a child, but I think that age ain't nothing but a number and the world should be more concerned with his intentions and less about how long he has been living on this earth. Michael has said in many interviews that he would never hurt a child. Now I am not saying that in general you should just fall asleep next to anybody!! But I'm just basing my thoughts off of MJ's heart, purity and child-like personality and I don't think it would be wrong to fall asleep next to him. There are lots of people in this world with bad intentions, but Michael Jackson was not one of them. For the Non-MJ fans, if you have ever fallen asleep next to a child that is not related to you, would you think it would be fair to you for someone to suggest that you were doing more than just sleeping, even though you know you did nothing wrong ?? For all of the fans, well I'm sure you knew nothing went on between those children and MJ, except for them saying, Good Night and Good Morning to each other !! :)



1 comment:

  1. I would LOVE to have a sleep over with MJ!!!:)

    ReplyDelete