Sunday, August 8, 2010

You Were There....


           As we all know, Michael has been a driving force in the music industry. He really raised the bar and made people see just how far the creativity with music can really go. Michael has been in the music industry for 40 years and It all started with the Jackson Five. He has worked so hard through the years to get where he was. He has sold over 100 million copies of Thriller, and has 4 of his albums in the greatest selling albums of all time list. He is also in the Guinness book of world records, one of the most notable to me is when they recognized him for being the most successful entertainer of all time!! Michael has done so much for the world through charities and with his music and dance. It aways saddens me when I think about how he didn't get as much love and respect  as he deserved regarding to how the media and the world treated him. I was actually watching Michael performed a song to Sammy Davis Jr. for Sammy's 60th anniversary T.V. special. This performance always makes me so sad because I just wish that Michael could have lived to be a lot older and have someone sing that song to him one day.

       Michael really did change the entertainment industry and he has knocked down so many doors. He inspired people to dream more, be more, and strive for more. He always did it with love and wanted the world to be a better place. I know for me personally he made me believe in Magic and he taught me not to limit myself and that the sky really is the limit !! Michael's music will always be here for us to cherish, and I'm glad that I was a part of a generation that included him in it. I am 20 years old now and because of his influence, I really appreciate the world and all of it's beauty and wonderment. I am really glad that Michael was here to show me and the rest of the world how to be more loving and caring people. For all of the Non-MJ fans, hopefully you can one day appreciate Michael and realize that a lot of the other music artists that you listen to, probably wouldn't be famous today if it weren't for Michael breaking so many barriers. For the fans, I would like to know if Michael has inspired you to be more creative and to strive to be a better person ?

                                  ~ Born to Amuse, To inspire, To Delight,
                                           You are the angels glow, that lights a
                                                 Star, The dearest things
                                                        I know, are what you are  ~


No comments:

Post a Comment